Home Remedies for Pimples and Acne Scars
Various home remedies for pimples and acne scars exist. However, one has to really consider the validity of some of these claims. For example, burying a dead cat under an oak tree during the full moon in order to eliminate pimples has absolutely no credence. Listed below are some remedies that actually make sense.
1) Cut a garlic clove in half and rub the garlic oil on to affected area a couple of times a day. One can also eat peeled, raw, garlic cloves three times a day. Swallowing them whole is an option to consider. Garlic cleans the blood and decreases toxins in the body thus helping to clear skin.
2) Vitamins can work wonders on affected skin. Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Zinc, and niacin are all good for clearing pimples.
3) Take orange peels and grate them. Then mash them up. Add a little water to form a kind of paste. Apply to skin.
4) Honey naturally kills bacteria. Applying it to pimples is an option, a sticky option, but an option nonetheless. It also works on acne scars.
Additional Related Article to Read : Choosing the Best Acne Scar Treatment
5) To dry out pimples, dab a little toothpaste (paste, not gel) on the area and let it stay on overnight. Calamine lotion can be used for this also.
6) To get rid of pimples and acne scars, peel a potato and grate it. Put the potato gratings in a muslin bag and rub over face.
7) Lavender essential oil can be applied to scars twice a day. The side benefit is that it smells wonderful and can act as an aromatherapy, too.
Remember that most of these home remedies for pimples and acne scars will take time. If there were a miracle home remedy, it would no longer be a remedy; it would be a cure. Besides, burying a dead cat under an oak tree during a full moon only works for baldness anyway.